Phoebe Marie

Phoebe Marie
September 10, 1996 - June 30, 2008

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hoping to volunteer

Last night I went to the local Humane Society for their orientation into possibly becoming a volunteer.

I really want to do this. I think it would be good for me.

I had to fill out an application and I need some references (not family) so I've asked 4 people to fill out the reference form.

*fingers crossed* I will be picked to help.

I've even offered to help with office work, like data entry or whatever needs to be done. I'd like to mostly work with the animals, but if they need me to type something (which is my only true skill other then TV watching) I'd be happy to do it.

They said they would call within two weeks of receiving my application and references.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I love your blog in honor of Phoebe. You are going to love helping out the Humane Society. I assist for my local SPCA and HAD to bring home a beautiful, mixed collie named Laddie. He was so shy and timid but after a year of tender, loving care he is much more self confident and so sweet. We already had two dogs from a rescue and Laddie fit right in with them. Good Luck and I hope you keep the blog updated on the Humane Society!
-genie ;)