Phoebe Marie

Phoebe Marie
September 10, 1996 - June 30, 2008

Monday, January 19, 2009

What is Addison's Disease?

It was this time last year that my Phoebe was diagnosed with Addison's Disease.
She was in the hospital and for a few days there, it didn't look as though she was ever going to get to come home.

Thankfully she did and I had 6 more wonderful months with my precious girl before she passed away on June 30, 2008.

I think it's extremely important to post the symptoms of Addison's Disease. I often wonder if I'd known that the tremors & shaking were symptoms of Addison's SOONER (because she was doing that for about a month before she became very ill) that maybe she would still be here with me today.

SYMPTOMS
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Lethargy
Depression
Lack of appetite
Tremors or shaking
Muscle weakness
Pain in hind quarters

1 comment:

Popcorn House said...

Don't second guess or be hard on yourself, you took great care of Phoebe and she knows that.